Only 34 hours left…
Krita’s 2014 crowdfunding campaign is nearly at the end! Only 30 or so hours left before it comes to a close. We’re at nearly 700 backers and close to 19,000 euros! That’s including the paypal backers who started donating after we reached the initial goal.
It’s been an exhilarating ride! In these 29 days, thousands of people got to know Krita for the first time and so many decided that Krita is worth backing… With this result, we’ll be able to make Krita 2.9 an absolutely awesome release! Already during the kickstarter campaign, Dmitry, Sven and the other Krita hackers have added a huge number of features and fixes to Krita!
Let’s have a short overview of the most important highlights:
- Feature: HDR painting and HDR color selectors
- Feature: isolated layer view for masks, show the mask as a normal layer, without any other layer visible
- Feature: a whole new brush stabilizer
- Feature: Photoshop-compatible shortcuts for blending modes
- Ten new tutorial videos by Ramon Miranda.
- Feature: Global Selection Editing Mode: every tool now can work on the selection, none excluded
- Feature: support for 8 and 16 bit raw heightmaps
- Hugely improved resource selectors (for brushes, gradients, patterns and so on)
- Feature: select more than one layer in the layerbox, remove, merge and drag and drop those layers.
- Feature: load SVG images as single vector objects
- Feature: lazy-brush style line straightening for the vector tool
- The very first OSX packages, followed by proper OSX app bundles. Still experimental, but there they are!
- Feature: switch to drawing straight lines by using the V key as a modifier, with preview and support for all sensors.
- Feature: new advanced color selectors for HSI and HSY’
- Lovely new splashscreen by Tyson Tan
- Feature: mask visualization — this was Feature 22 from the Kickstarter proposal.
- And we package translations for Windows and OSX now — Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian, Spanish…
And of course there have been dozens and dozens of bugfixes. Eleven test builds for Windows and Linux and three for OSX! Tens of thousands of downloads… And that in 30 days minus 34 hours!
Let’s make the most of the remaining hours! Dmitry is working hard improving performance right now, and reducing memory usage. Sven is fixing bugs right and left. Wolthera is working on a new color selector. Boud is working on portable Windows installers. And more is coming!