Let’s Test Krita 4.2.7 Beta!
We’re almost ready for a new release of Krita, with lots of bug fixes! So, please help with testing. As with 4.2.6, there’s a link on the welcome screen to a survey. Filling out the survey helps us figure out regressions and other problems. You can safely use any beta build on any operating system next to your production version of Krita. Settings and resources will be shared, but you won’t overwrite you existing installation by using one of the portable beta downloads.
In addition to reported bugs, this release fixes a lot of issues found by the Coverity Static Code checker.
We also have a bunch of great patches by new Krita hackers: Karl Ove Lufthammer, Rebecca Breu, Matthias Wein, Jasper Hartog, Krysztof Kurek and Guo Yunhe. Yay!
If all is well, we will release 4.2.7 in a week.
Bugs Fixed in 4.2.7
- Improve the layout and functionality of the color selector dialog and make it perform much better. (BUG:381529). Patches by Mathias Wein.
- Do not crash when trying to merge an invisible group layer (BUG:411124)
- Make it possible to save group layers to file layers even if they are empty (BUG:411101)
- Make the initial location of the OCIO profile selector sensible
- Fix possible crashes when a broken file ends up in the Recent Documents List (BUG:411416)
- Use locale-based formatting of numbers in the measure tool and other places. Patch by Karl Ove Lufthammer.
- Make HTML markup in the Search Field tooltips work. Patch by Karl Ove Lufthammer.
- Fix a crash when moving multiple vector shapes (BUG:409872)
- Fix the sort order of images imported as frames if they are not numbered with prefix 0’s (BUG:375885)
- Make it possible again to run the Python Scripting Debugger on Linux (BUG:410807) Patch by Rebecca Breu.
- Cache ICC profiles when loading layers: this speeds up loading images with thousands of layers (BUG:411532)
- Fix file layer and comics manager page updating on Windows (BUG:410409, BUG:389544)
- Use LittleCMS’ copy alpha channel flag to speed up color transformations
- Fix outline move mode (BUG:411057)
- Fix a hang in the text shape if an UTF-8 Line Break character is used (BUG:410402)
- Fix a random crash if there is not enough space in the swapfile location for AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU’s (BUG:411081)
- Fix checking whether the swapfile location is actually writable on Windows (BUG:411129, BUG:411081)
- Fix another random crash when painting (BUG:411280)
- Fix artifacts when moving control points of a path shape (BUG:411334)
- Fix a crash when cropping a particular image (BUG:411536)
- Fix move action in the bezier selection tool (BUG:398294)
- Fix artifacts in Gaussian Blur on transparent layers (BUG:411719)
- Fix a crash when the Liquify Transform is started too quickly (BUG:411703)
- Fix a bad memory leak in the jpeg converter (BUG:410864)
- Fix a crash when loading a JPEG image with a broken color profile (BUG:410864)
- Fix problems when zooming with a touchpad (BUG:410940)
- Fix issues when using the calculation capabilities of the specific color selector’s spin boxes (BUG:409818). Patch by Jasper Hartog
- Make sure all layers are shown in the animation timeline by default
- Fix a crash when the colorize tool is active on closing Krita
- Fix a crash when converting a colorspace with OCIO enabled (BUG:411045)
- Fix the Strength parameter not being used in Rotation – Fuzzy Dab (BUG:376179)
- Fix a crash when using the mouse wheel while an image is opening
- Re-add error messages lost when refactoring the error messages for loading images
- Do not crash if libjpeg encounters any kind of error (BUG:364350)
- Fix presets with random offset of texture being marked dirty all the time (BUG:406427)
- Fix curves changing randomly with sensors with Use Same Curve enabled (BUG:383909)
- Add a simple progress bar when saving .kra files
- Ensure that the temporary folder isn’t suggested as a save-location as this can result in lost work.
- Make sure toolbars don’t get enabled after editing the toolbar buttons (BUG:402679)
- Do not crash when loading a tiled TIFF file with planar color data. (BUG:407171)
- Fix freezes when changing some brush properties or curves (BUG:410158)
- Fix wrong borders in the Edge Detection and Height To Normal Map Filters (BUG:411922)
- Fix outline of Group Layers in Move Tool and Transform Tool (BUG:392717)
- Fix preview of shape layers in Transform Tool and Move Tool (BUG:392717)
- Raise the maximum FPS limit to 300 fps from 100 fps
- Do not allow clone layers from pass-through group layers (BUG:409949)
- Fix the color of a selected shape being synchronized with the color selectors (BUG:381784)
- Fix updating the current shape color when doing undo/redo (BUG:404975)
- Fix the broken TestKisSwatchGroup test (BUG:410387) Patch by Krysztof Kurek.
- Make the splash render pixel-perfect on fractionally scaled displays. Patch by Guo Yunhe.
- Fix a crash in Feather Selection, Wavelets, Blur and Edge Detection (BUG:412057)
- Include reference images in the screen color picker (BUG:411816) Patch by Matthias Wein.
- Clean up the SVG files used for icons and license the SVG files properly. Patch by Raghavendra Kamath.
- Fix updating the assistants when moving the handles. Patch by Matthias Wein.
- Fix a bad memory corruption error color handling. Patch by Matthias Wein.
For the beta, you should only only use the portable zip files. Just open the zip file in Explorer and drag the folder somewhere convenient, then double-click on the krita icon in the folder. This will not impact an installed version of Krita, though it will share your settings and custom resources with your regular installed version of Krita. For reporting crashes, also get the debug symbols folder.
(If, for some reason, Firefox thinks it needs to load this as text: to download, right-click on the link.)
Note: the gmic-qt is not available on OSX.
For all downloads:
Krita is a free and open source project. Please consider supporting the project with donations or by buying training videos or the artbook! With your support, we can keep the core team working on Krita full-time.