Krita 4.2.1 Released
Hot on the heels of 4.2.0, we’re releasing Krita 4.2.1. Most importantly, this release fixes an issue where after painting for a long time, Krita would become slow because the undo stack would grow infinitely. There are other fixes, too: saving and loading .kra files containing vector layers with image names using non-latin1 characters has been fixed, too. Some fixes are by new contributor Carl Olsson, others by new contributor Dmitry Utkin, many thanks!
Here’s the full list of fixes:
- Fix slowdown after a longer period of use (BUG:408255, BUG:408133)
- Fix loading vector layers when the image name is not latin1 (BUG:408280)
- Fix rectangular grid spacing limits incorrect after resizing canvas (BUG:408166)
- Fix layer properties window draws on top of other application windows (BUG:408170)
- Fix the posterize filter to use non-linear sRGB for computation
- Allow the animation render to start at frame 0 at all times (BUG:408198)
- Enable the Select Opaque actions for group layers (BUG:408236)
- Check whether the drive still exists before creating a temporary directory for animation rendering (BUG:408246)
- Prevent the user from deleting locked layers when pressing shift-del too quickly
- Fix copying and duplicating vector layers (BUG:408028)
- Fix Krita’s canvas being transparent on Linux when built against older versions of Qt (BUG:408225)
- Fix possible small delays at the beginning of a stroke (BUG:408133)
- Fix folding/unfolding when clicking on a layer thumbnail
- Fix undo/redo when working with guides (patches by Summer of Code student Tusooa Zhu)
- Fix reversed Python API guides lock/show states (BUG:408113)
- Make the minimum size for brushes consistent through the application
- Make the auto brush spacing precision values consistent (BUG:359453)
- Improve selection behaviour on the layer docker (BUG:408002)
- Fix macOS zoom and rotate icon getting stuck (BUG:404321)
- Fix the vector stroke style propagating to other vector objects (BUG:407683)
- Fix the Document Tools plugin (BUG:408146)
- Fix the layer name being deselected when opening the layer name editor (BUG:400357)
Our builds of Krita 4.2.1 are also updated to use Qt 5.12.3, which should solve some problems with drag and drop; there might be new problems with display scaling on Windows, though, since the experimental patches for Qt that we used for 4.2.0 now give conflicts.
Note for Windows users: if you encounter crashes, please follow these instructions to use the debug symbols so we can figure out where Krita crashes.
(If, for some reason, Firefox thinks it needs to load this as text: to download, right-click on the link.)
Note: the gmic-qt is not available on OSX.
For all downloads:
The Linux appimage and the source tarball are signed. You can retrieve the public key over https here:
0x58b9596c722ea3bd.asc. The signatures are here (filenames ending in .sig).
Krita is a free and open source project. Please consider supporting the project with donations or by buying training videos or the artbook! With your support, we can keep the core team working on Krita full-time.