Krita 4.0.4 released!
Published 13th June, 2018
Today the Krita team releases Krita 4.0.4, a bug fix release of Krita 4.0.0. This is the last bugfix release for Krita 4.0.
Here is the list of bug fixes in Krita 4.0.4:
- OpenColorIO now works on macOS
- Fix artefacts when painting with a pixel brush on a transparency mask (BUG:394438)
- Fix a race condition when using generator layers
- Fix a crash when editing a transform mask (BUG:395224)
- Add preset memory to the Ten Brushes Script, to make switching back and forward between brush presets more smooth.
- Improve the performance of the stroke layer style (BUG:361130, BUG:390985)
- Do not allow nesting of .kra files: using a .kra file with embedded file layers as a file layer would break on loading.
- Keep the alpha channel when applying the threshold filter (BUG:394235)
- Do not use the name of the bundle file as a tag automatically (BUG:394345)
- Fix selecting colors when using the python palette docker script (BUG:394705)
- Restore the last used colors on starting Krita, not when creating a new view (BUG:394816)
- Allow creating a layer group if the currently selected node is a mask (BUG:394832)
- Show the correct opacity in the segment gradient editor (BUG:394887)
- Remove the obsolete shortcuts for the old text and artistic text tool (BUG:393508)
- Allow setting the multibrush angle in fractions
- Improve performance of the OpenGL canvas, especially on macOS
- Fix painting of pass-through group layers in isolated mode (BUG:394437)
- Improve performance of loading OpenEXR files (patch by Jeroen Hoolmans)
- Autosaving will now happen even if Krita is kept very busy
- Improve loading of the default language
- Fix color picking when double-clicking (BUG:394396)
- Fix inconsistent frame numbering when calling FFMpeg (BUG:389045)
- Fix channel swizzling problem on macOS, where in 16 and 32 bits floating point channel depths red and blue would be swapped
- Fix accepting touch events with recent Qt versions
- Fix integration with the Breeze theme: Krita no longer tries to create widgets in threads (BUG:392190)
- Fix the batch mode flag when loading images from Python
- Load the system color profiles on Windows and macOS.
- Fix a crash on macOS (BUG:394068)
Note for Windows users: if you encounter crashes, please follow these instructions to use the debug symbols so we can figure out where Krita crashes.
(If, for some reason, Firefox thinks it needs to load this as text: to download, right-click on the link.)
When it is updated, you can also use the Krita Lime PPA to install Krita 4.0.4 on Ubuntu and derivatives. We are working on an updated snap.
Note: the touch docker, gmic-qt and python plugins are not available on OSX.
For all downloads:
The Linux appimage and the source tarball are signed. You can retrieve the public key over https here:
0x58b9596c722ea3bd.asc. The signatures are here (filenames ending in .sig).
Krita is a free and open source project. Please consider supporting the project with donations or by buying training videos or the artbook! With your support, we can keep the core team working on Krita full-time.