First Beta Release for Krita 4.4.3
Published 24th February, 2021
The Krita team is releasing the first beta of Krita 4.4.3. This is purely a bugfix release.
- Crash when back button was pressed on splash screen
- Crash when loading files while app is still booting
- Use lastUpdateTime for copying assets
- Provide host so pathPattern could be effective
- Fix color selector covering entire screen (BUG:432459)
- Saved configs aren’t loaded after restart (BUG:432433)
- Add key functions to psd_layer_effects_shadow_base (BUG:432904)
- Fix reloading presets from user-imported bundles (BUG:432488)
- Fix crash in halftone filter due to an access to an invalid pointer
- Fix crash when reapplying a filter with reprompting
- Fix crash when painting on a filter mask created from a vector selection (BUG:432329)
- MacOS: fix the finder plugins for showing a thumbnail or a quick look preview (BUG:432328)
- Fix handling the channel flags. Patch by Chris Venter, thanks! (BUG:432226)
Stability and Performance
- Fix synchronization of zoom level between canvas and the scratchpad
- Fix normalization in Smart Patch Tool (BUG:430953)
- Fix performance issues in the foreground/background color button (BUG:432936)
- Fix saving incremental backups (BUG:432701)
- Fix a problem where the scratchpad could be unresponsive (BUG:431708)
- Fix Color as Alpha and Preserve Alpha in Custom and Clipboard brushes (BUG:432274)
- Fix the RGBA_brushes bundle so Krita doesn’t try to recreate it on startup (BUG:431832)
- Fix handling of style in KisAngleSelector when the spin box must be shown flat and use the new angle selector everywhere
If you’re using the portable zip files, just open the zip file in Explorer and drag the folder somewhere convenient, then double-click on the krita icon in the folder. This will not impact an installed version of Krita, though it will share your settings and custom resources with your regular installed version of Krita. For reporting crashes, also get the debug symbols folder.
(If, for some reason, Firefox thinks it needs to load this as text: to download, right-click on the link.)
Note: the gmic-qt is not available on OSX.
This time, the Android releases are made from the release tarball, so there are translations. We consider Krita on ChromeOS and Android still beta. There are many things that don’t work and other things that are impossible without a real keyboard.
For all downloads:
The Linux appimage and the source .tar.gz and .tar.xz tarballs are signed. You can retrieve the public key with gpg: “gpg –recv-key 7468332F”. The signatures are here (filenames ending in .sig).
Krita is a free and open source project. Please consider supporting the project with donations or by buying training videos! With your support, we can keep the core team working on Krita full-time.